Jun 26, 2014


Banila Co It Radiant CC Cream: A base with SPF30 PA++ that will give you healthy, glowing skin




Today I will be reviewing about Banila Co It Radiant CC Cream which has been a staple in my daily makeup routine. For those of you who are not familiar with CC cream, CC stands for "colour correcting" cream infused with skincare properties such as Vitamin C and E. Some of you may ask what are the differences between BB (Blemish Balm) and CC cream. BB cream are like foundations with few skincare benefits such as SPF and anti oxidant whereas CC cream acts as colour corrector to correct the skin tone. Besides, CC cream is lighter in texture and does not provide much coverage as compared to BB cream. Hence, CC cream is usually used as make up primer/base.

Banila Co It Radiant CC Cream comes in a 30mL pump type tube which is very convenient for usage. It claims to be whitening and moisturizing acting as colour control base to even and smooth the skin. This CC cream also offers SPF30 PA++ broad spectrum sun protection.

Price: 25000 won for 30mL
Back of the packaging. Everything is in Korean.
It comes with a pump making it easier to dispense the product and more hygienic.
Creamy texture
Swatch at the back of my hand, without vs with CC cream

What do I think?
Shade: Only comes in one shade

Scent: There is a light floral scent to it. When applied to face, the scent still lingers around but after few minutes, the scent will start to disappear. I am not a big fan of products with overpowering scent but Banila Co It Radiant CC Cream's scent is just fine.

Texture: Banila Co It Radiant CC Cream comes with a water-based, creamy texture that is rather lightweight. It is easily spreadable and blends quickly into my face giving me brighter complexion. On my hand, it looked white but after a while, it will start adapting to the warmth of the skin making it looked dewy and natural. The texture is not heavy which is something I appreciate since I have combination oily skin. However, you have to be careful not to apply too much as it will make your skin looked too dewy. I also performed a test on my hand using small pieces of blotting paper to test the level of stickiness of this CC cream. I pressed the blotting paper firmly on my hand before shaking them off to make sure that it adhere to the skin. Below are the images showed for the results of stickiness:



As you can see, there are still pieces of the blotting paper left on my hand after shaking. However, this does not mean that the CC cream is sticky like glue. It simply sticks on because of the wetness and moisturising property of the CC cream.

Oil Control & Coverage: After 3 - 4 hours, I started noticing that my skin turned oily. However, this is a norm for me as I experienced it with every products I used. In coverage wise, it has minimal to no coverage. It only helps in reducing the redness of my skin. Therefore, if you are looking for coverage, this product might not be for you as it's main function is makeup base. You might think that base is not important but it does make a whole lot of difference. With this CC cream, your skin will look like your skin but better. Does it make any sense? ;) Since I have scars on my face, I usually pair this up with Laneige BB Cushion to cover those imperfections.

Haha, this is usually how I apply to save time.
Before VS After

Have a look at the before and after picture. Before I apply the CC cream, my skin looked yellow and dull. After applying, my skin became more moisturised and brighter. As I said, this CC cream acts more like a base without much coverage. In the circle area, you can see that the acne mark is still there. Since I have marks/ scars on my face, I usually pair this up with Laneige BB Cushion to cover those imperfections.

With Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion. Sorry about the awkward pose, not used to taking picture. Haha

Ingredient: Couldn't find any in English, just the Korean version. If any of you knows how to read, please translate it for me!


Final Thoughts: If you are interested in trying out CC cream, Banila Co It Radiant CC Cream is a safe option as it is very lightweight and does not have any colour changing properties. You do not have to worry that it does not suit your skin tone. Besides, I think this will be great for those with dull skin as it brightens up the complexion. However, if you already own or tried CC cream, it is not a must to get this product. I would say it is a nice addition to your CC cream stash but definitely not a must as it depends on what are you finding for in a base. As for me, I will still repurchase it since I prefer dewy than matte finish.

What are your thoughts in CC Cream? Are they better than BB Cream? Let me know what you think! 

Banila Co is not available in Malaysia yet. 

You can purchase them online at the links below;
a) iBuyBeauti ($27.99) 
b) Korea Depart ($25.37 - shipping not included)
c) W2Beauty ($31.07)
d) ooh-and-aah.com (RM105 - preorder basis)

For more information, please visit:

*Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored. I bought this with my own money.

1 comment:




Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Search

Instagram

Facebook

Grab My Button

Followers

Advertise Here


Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.